VanEck files for an Ethereum futures ETF as crypto fund applications pile up at the SEC
VanEckfiled for an Ethereum futures-based ETF with the SEC on Wednesday.
- The fund will not invest directly in ether, but invest in
etherfutures contracts and other pooled invested vehicles that provide exposure to the coin.
- The Ethereum Strategy ETF is VanEck's latest pitch to the SEC for approval of a crypto-related product.
Investment firm VanEck filed for an Ethereum futures-based exchange traded fund with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday.
According to the filing, the Ethereum Strategy ETF will invest in ether futures contracts, as well as pooled investment vehicles and exchange-traded products like Canadian ETFs that invest directly in ether. The fund itself will not invest in ether or own other digital assets directly.
That distinction could help fast-track the fund to winning approval from the SEC. The SEC's
The Ethereum Strategy ETF is VanEck's latest bid to the SEC for a crypto-related product. The investment firm has filed an application for an ETF to invest directly in ether, though the fate of that product also remains undecided.
Currently, the SEC is sitting on over a dozen crypto-focused ETF applications.
VanEck's Ethereum futures ETF would be the first of its kind in the US, according to Decrypt.co.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- After a near-record run at the top of Netflix's US Top 10 list, pop culture smash 'Squid Game' has been bumped by another show
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons