Dating App Zoosk Files For A $100 Million IPO, And It Has Some Impressive Revenues
Online dating app Zoosk filed its S1 to go public today. It's trying to raise $100 million.
Zoosk is one of the most popular social networking apps in Apple's App Store. It's also one of the top grossing. The app is free, but gets money from subscription fees and other online payments within the apps.
The revenue numbers are pretty impressive and seem to be growing nicely year over year. It generated over $178 million in 2013, up from $109 million in 2012. But it did have a net loss of $2.6 million in 2012. Zoosk says it has 25 million members, which includes 650,000 paying subscribers.
Here's a breakdown of the company's financials from the S1. Click for a larger view:
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000