Day after Amazon Prime Video launches in India, Netflix ropes in the king of Bollywood
Online streaming service
The first title that will come on Netflix is Dear Zindagi which was released theatrically on 25 November. The highly-anticipated film directed by Gauri Shinde stars Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt. Among other Red Chillies titles available on Netflix will be box office hits including Happy New Year, Dilwale and Om Shanti Om.
Apart from limited availability of local content on the online streaming site, varying internet conditions in India has been a big challenge for Netflix ever since it entered India market in January this year but the Global Internet TV network is in talks with internet service providers in India to give Netflix fans in India seamless streaming experience.
Popular on BI
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow
- Check out these top toy jeep for kids to play
- Iran has shut down nearly 7,000 illegal crypto mining operations as it looks to solve its energy crisis