China's been showing off a lot of new powerful weapons, and experts think they're sending a message
He Junyi/China News Service/VCG via Getty Images
- Chinese media has been showing off a lot of Chinese weapons systems, running out report after report over the past month.
- Some analysts speculated that China was trying to send a warning about its growing power.
China ran report after report on Chinese military developments this past month, leading some observers to suspect that China is trying to send a message to its rivals and citizens at a time of heightened tensions with the US.China is currently "on the verge of fielding some of the most modern weapon systems in the world," a new US defense intelligence assessment warned in mid-January. Chinese media seems determined to let the world, especially the US, know it developing powerful new weapons.
The Chinese military is reportedly working on everything from railguns to knife guns to "carrier killer" anti-ship missiles. Here are seven of the weapons China's been showing off.
1. Electromagnetic railgun
2. China's version of the "Mother of All Bombs"
3. 'Carrier killer' missiles
4. Super soldiers armed with guns that shoot around corners
5. Stealth drones
6. Upgraded stealth fighter
7. Underground bunkers and ICBM strikes
- JP Morgan is doling out billions to fund the ‘Dirty Dozen’ Super League — the biggest disruption in the history of club football
- Domino’s India data breach allegedly exposes 1 million credit card details, 180 million order details
- Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not
- TV ad volumes see a 3% drop during Jan-March 21 over previous quarter: TAM AdEx
- OPPO launches A54 smartphone in three variants in India starting at ₹13,490