The strength of India and China’s defence forces compared
- China ranked second in military spending with military outlays totalling up to $261 billion. Whereas, India ranks third with military outlays totalling to $71.1 billion.
- China ranks third in aircraft strength with 3,210 aircraft in comparison to India which ranks fourth with 2,123 aircraft.
- India’s DRDO has been conducting trials of ballistic missile Prithvi-1 which has 150 km-range, and Prithvi-2 with 250 km-range.
China ranked second in military spending, as it has done since 2008 with military outlays totalling up to $261 billion. Whereas, India ranks third with military outlays totalling to $71.1 billion, according to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.
China ranks third in aircraft strength, according to Global firepower. It has 3,210 aircraft in comparison to India which ranks fourth with 2,123 aircraft. Most importantly, China has two times the number of fighters and interceptors than India. It also has 507 serviceable airports compared to 346 airports in India.
China’s tank strength stands at 3,200 plus compared to India’s stupendous 4,200 plus, according to Global firepower. But China’s armoured fighting vehicles are at a staggering 33,000, and India pales into insignificance with just over 8,600.
According to the recent data, China has ten times more rocket projectors at 2650 than India’s 266. It also has a total of 777 naval assets compared to 285 in India, with 74 submarines versus 16 owned by India. China also has 36 destroyers compared to 11 owned by India.
India’s DRDO has been conducting trials of ballistic missile Prithvi-1 which has 150 km-range, and Prithvi-2 with 250 km-range whereas China has various ballistic missiles, ranging from short-range missiles to Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs).
SEE ALSO: The boycott of China’s products will be easier said than done – smartphones, ACs and cars will become more expensive
The Chinese army statement claims sovereignty over Galwan Valley and does not disclose the number of casualties
Top 10 popular chinese apps in India
- IndiGo narrow down its losses in Q3 — passenger capacity and airfare capping continues to hamper its business
- HP launches 'Smart Tank' series printers in India starting at ₹11,900
- Maruti Suzuki's Q3FY21 net profit rises over 24%
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine will work against UK and South Africa's variants, says study
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry