Here's everything we know about Mina Chang, who rapidly rose from a self-described singer to a State Department official with a dubious resume
- Mina Chang, a 35-year-old State Department official, prompted a flurry of interest over her credentials this week after she was alleged to have embellished her work history and educational experience.
- In a statement from her previous nonprofit group, executive director Ian Dailey characterized the news reports as a "classic 'hit-job'" and said he was "disgusted with the unwarranted attack" against Chang.
- Here's what we know about Chang, who joined the Trump administration in April.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Mina Chang, a 35-year-old State Department official, prompted a flurry of interest over her credentials this week after she was alleged to have embellished her work history and educational experience.At first glance, the State Department's deputy assistant secretary to the Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations appears to have received extensive training and education from prestigious institutions, but a closer look reveals she may have misrepresented her background.
"Shame on you every outlet [sic] that picked up this story without doing your own research and merely surmised the onerous positions of the original," Dailey wrote, in reference to NBC News's original report. "You wonder why the media isn't trusted? … it's this, right here."Here's what we know about Chang:
Chang worked as the CEO of a nonprofit group.
Chang was an aspiring musical artist.Advertisement
Chang traveled the world for the nonprofit work.
Chang joins the US State Department.Advertisement
Chang educational experience is under scrutiny.
Chang appeared on a fabricated TIME magazine cover.Advertisement
Chang claims she has roots in the military.
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost