How the Air Force's metals techs keep aircraft flying
- The Air Force's aircraft metals technology technicians keep the service's aircraft flying by grinding, welding, fabricating or repairing parts.
- At RAF Mildenhall, Air Force metals techs are there to make sure other airmen have the tools and parts they need to get the job done.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 15% OFF
Metallika London Queen Size Metal Bed (Glossy Finish, Black) By FurnitureKraft₹ 7529₹ 9380Buy On
- 21% OFF
Wipro Smart Mid Back High Resilience Foam Home-Office Chair,Synchro tilt Mechanism,Adjustable armrest,Ergonomic Foam backrest,Waterfall Edge seat,3yr wrnty,BIFMA&Green Certified,IDM Winner(Black)₹ 9779₹ 14400Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Roland 3 Seater Sofa cum Bed (Fabric, Green)₹ 10299₹ 18000Buy On
- 45% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo Swerve Height Adjustable Plastic Laptop & Utility Table with Cup Holder (Black)₹ 1169₹ 2200Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (75 X 60 X 6 Inches)₹ 10859₹ 17999Buy On
The 100th Maintenance Squadron's aircraft metals technology technicians aim to achieve the highest levels of precision when grinding, welding, fabricating or repairing parts for Team Mildenhall aircraft.
For the airmen of the aircraft metals technology section, it's their job to ensure that Team Mildenhall has the tools and parts needed to accomplish the mission.
"Metals technology repairs, modifies and manufactures aircraft and ground equipment parts or anything needed to accomplish the mission," said Senior Airman Samuel Muncrief, 100th MXS aircraft metals technician journeyman.
"We also fabricate tools for other shops; there are parts on our aircraft that they no longer make tools for, so we make the new part and the tool to remove the old one."
When it comes to welding, grinding or fabricating, the airmen of metals technology have a reputation for excellence, and it's well deserved.
In a profession with such exacting standards, it's important to continue to learn and improve.
In addition to their primary job, the aircraft metals shop helps save Team Mildenhall thousands of dollars.
Innovation and creative solutions are also key for aircraft metals technicians, sometimes leading them to gather insight outside of their shop.
The metals technology shop has a considerable impact on the mission, but for them its just business as usual.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022