Video shows a US Navy haul of illegal weapons so big that the rifles, machine guns, and RPGs covered the deck of a missile cruiser
- The US Navy shared a video of weapons it seized, laid out on the deck of a missile cruiser.
- The Navy said the arms were found hidden in a ship and were going to Yemen.
- It said assault rifles, machine guns, sniper rifles and grenades launchers were included.
The US Navy seized an illegal shipment of arms that was so big it covered much of the deck of a missile cruiser.The Navy said on Sunday that it found the shipment hidden in a ship in the Arabian Sea as part of an operation that started on Thursday.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
-U.S. 5th Fleet (@US5thFleet) May 8, 2021To give a sense of scale, the Monterey is some 55 feet wide according to an online Pentagon database.
Images show as many as 12 weapons comfortably spaced barrel-to-barrel.The Fifth Fleet said in a statement that the haul included "dozens of advanced Russian-made anti-tank guided missiles, thousands of Chinese Type 56 assault rifles, and hundreds of PKM machine guns, sniper rifles and rocket-propelled grenades launchers. Other weapon components included advanced optical sights."
The Navy said that the weapons were bound for Yemen, but did not say where they came from.
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO makes strong listing on exchanges with 100% premium, shares open at ₹2,111