The B-2 stealth bomber made its first overseas deployment 20 years ago - here's why it's still one of the most feared aircraft in the sky
View all Offers
- 32% OFF
Cello Novelty Plastic Big 2 Door Cupboard - Blue and Grey₹ 4789₹ 7020Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Fame MDF Study Desk(Walnut Finish,Brown)₹ 4199₹ 7500Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (75 X 60 X 6 Inches)₹ 10859₹ 17999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Petra Solid Sheesham Wood King Bed (Teak Finish)₹ 14419₹ 50000Buy On
AmazonBasics Big & Tall Executive Chair (Brown, Leather)₹ 13999₹ 15995Buy On
US Air Force
This week marks the 20th anniversary of the deployment to Guam of one of America's most important and expensive weapon systems - the B-2 Spirit.
The B-2 was originally intended to carry nuclear bombs deep into Soviet territory if the Cold War had ever turned hot. Its shape - paired with the plane's stealth systems - would enable it to be undetected by Soviet radars. The B-2's long range meant it could fly deep into enemy territory and return home.
With the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, the B-2 has been used as a conventional bomber. It made its combat debut during the Kosovo War in 1999, and has since flown sorties in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya.
More recently, the B-2 has been placed in bases in the Pacific as part of a strategy to deal with potential threats from North Korea.
Here's why it's one of the most feared aircraft in the world:
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on gaming laptops, accessories
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022