Delhi is the most preferred region to hire talent for telecom and allied sectors: Report
Recently, in a survey by human resource (HR) solutions company PeopleStrong, Delhi emerged as the most preferred region for hiring in telecom and allied sectors.
In 2017, hiring intent in this sector is expected to increase from 16% to 20% in 2017, PeopleStrong's latest
"Telecom and allied sectors have been witnessing lot of action in the recent times, resulting in a positive hiring intent,”
"It is interesting to see the interest of telecom and allied industry employers in hiring from Delhi. It could be attributed to the availability of engineering and general graduate talent pool in this area or to the fact the many of telecom and allied industries are headquartered in Delhi NCR,” he further added.
The survey also highlighted the fact that the most preferred age for hiring in telecom and allied sectors is 22 to 25 years which shows a clear inclination towards young candidates. Gender diversity is still not the number one priority.
India Hiring Intent survey, a part of India Skills Report 2017, is a joint initiative by PeopleStrong, global talent assessment company Wheebox, Linkedin, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Indian University (AIU),
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared