University of Delhi, CBSE will now use ‘forensics’ to detect fake documents submitted by students
- The University of Delhi (DU) has directed the colleges to conduct a forensic examination of the documents supplied by applicants for admission.
- The admission process is expected to begin from 30 May 2019.
- The university will access the class 12th results of applicants from Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) database.
While the students brace up for the admission process in Delhi University Board exam results, the university has directed the colleges to test the documents submitted by the students to keep its authenticity in check.
The authority has asked for the forensic analysis of the documents at the time of admission, which is expected to commence from 30 May 2019.
The document forensics will be initiated in association with the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) database. The move will allow the University of Delhi to access the class 12th results of the students.
This comes in the back of raising concerns around the fraudulent cases in the recent past. Last year, the DUSU President Ankiv Baisoya was accused of submitting fake documents to the university, which led to the cancellation of his admission.
Stressing on the need to have a policy in place for analysing applicants’ documents, a university official reportedly raised concerns over uniformity among the students across the varsity colleges.
“Till now, different colleges had different identity cards and there was no uniformity. From this year, the identity cards will look similar but have the name of the college stamped on it. It was also found that some colleges were issuing identity cards after six months of a student getting admission, so it was felt that smart ID cards needs to be introduced,” PTI reported.
The verification and admission process
While almost 80% of the applicants come from CBSE, the varsity will have to conduct a separate examination of the remaining 20% of potential students.
The students applying for admission will reportedly have to register in the university portal, following which they have to confirm their affiliation with CBSE. Given that, the filtered category will then undergo forensic evaluation of documents.
As a standardised mechanism, the Delhi University admissions will access the students on a 70:30 ratio — for theory and practical exams, respectively. Moreover, the breakup will remain same for the state board students as well.
Students in India's national capital brace for fee hikes as Delhi University colleges are allowed to seek 'autonomy' online
Here are the top 10 Indian universities to build tech skills
The Indian government may shortlist 14 more educational institutes for ‘eminence’ tag
Popular on BI
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World