Delivery workers across the US are finding free food and drinks on shoppers' doorsteps
- Delivery workers for UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Amazon have been finding free food, drinks, and messages of appreciation on their delivery routes this holiday season.
- Dozens of people are posting pictures online of the gift baskets and letters from customers.
- "I was surprised that someone actually cares about the people who deliver their packages," said Amy Soria, who delivers packages for Amazon.
Delivery workers across the United States have been finding gift baskets and messages of appreciation on customers' doorsteps this holiday season.
Laura Benamor said she has found gift baskets offering snacks outside two homes while accompanying her husband on his Amazon Flex delivery routes in Hartland, Michigan, over the last couple of weeks.
"We are working at steady pace and often don't take time to stop for a break," she told Business Insider. "So when we came upon those peanut butter crackers and candy, it was a nice surprise."
Amy Soria, who also delivers packages for Amazon, said she found a pile of snacks and drinks with a message of thanks outside a home in California last week.
"I was surprised that someone actually cares about the people who deliver their packages," she said.
Soria and Benamor are not alone. Dozens of photos of gift baskets offering snacks and other items for delivery workers have been posted online over the last several weeks.
"It's sad how shocked and touched I am at the kind gestures of strangers leaving snacks and drinks out for their delivery people," one person tweeted. "Humanity still exists, just hard to find, but when you do, appreciate it."
Another person tweeted: "shoutout to the person who put out snacks, water, and hand warmers for delivery people. This made me smile."
Delivering packages can be grueling work year-round. But the end of the year is especially difficult, as the volume of packages skyrockets during the holiday shopping season.
UPS alone expects to ship roughly 800 million packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, up from 750 million last year.
Here are some photos of gift baskets for delivery workers that were shared online:
It's sad how shocked and touched I am at the kind gestures of strangers leaving snacks and drinks out for their delivery people. Humanity still exists, just hard to find, but when you do, appreciate it. pic.twitter.com/kZHevGf3sZ- Gillian Jema (@gillianjema) December 3, 2018
shoutout to the person who put out snacks, water, and hand warmers for delivery people. this made me smile, ngl. pic.twitter.com/Rj4wnauK2v- fela coochie (@cadywhompus9) December 6, 2018
Who leaves a basket of snacks and drinks for the delivery folks? @CopWife1950, that's who.- Officer Matt (@OfcrMatt) December 13, 2018
Just one example of the little things she does that makes her so special.#CopWife #HappyHolidays pic.twitter.com/3J5ehY6dfS
A special shout out to all the delivery drivers out there this time of year, especially our delivery drivers here in Kirkland! Cheers to you!- WestcottHomes (@WestcottHomes) December 11, 2018
Please enjoy a little snack on us to get you through these long days!#thankyou #deliverydrivers #notricksjust… https://t.co/hE0T0QCbba pic.twitter.com/cG9oOEu7iS
Don't forget all of your delivery drivers this #Christmas! Every year I put a little treat box out on my mailbox, and they always say how much they love getting a little snack. So many of them are working overtime this season. A small act of kindness goes a long way. pic.twitter.com/YqIZy5WFgc- Diane Auten (@DianeAuten) December 11, 2018
my friends leave snacks on their porch for the hard working delivery people that silently make a lot of our holidays happen. This is legit heroic. You seeing this @JackLinks @cheezit @Ritzcrackers @Oreo? pic.twitter.com/m9jNX1OYqn- Twilight Fauna (@TwilightFauna) November 26, 2018
My mom leaves out snacks for all the delivery workers during the holiday season I mean COME ON HOW AMAZING IS SHE?!?!?! pic.twitter.com/R73ug1dW2M- Maura Partridge (@peartreee) November 26, 2018
Anyone one else absolutely wearing their delivery drivers out this week? I know I am, so I'm trying to say thanks in a small way with some goodies in a basket on the porch. Snacks make everything better!#christmasdeliveries @uspostalservice @fedex @ups #littlethings #sayingthanks pic.twitter.com/lCaInUpZxt- BeverlySextonParrish (@beverlysaid) December 17, 2018
Today on my route a lady had a bowl of snacks & water with a note saying thank you to UPS, Fed Ex & Postal service employees for working long nights in the snow, so thoughtful and made my day ☺️- Jens (@jensen_esser) December 4, 2018
Day 14: Show some love to your delivery people! They work solo, and they work hard in every kind of weather. Leave a thank-you note and some snacks to spread some joy! ❤️ #bekind #spreadsomejoy #makesomeonesmile pic.twitter.com/SHWllG8NPp- kindnessproject24 (@kindproject24) December 14, 2018
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Rupee falls 24 paise to 82.09/$ amid rising crude, foreign fund outflows
- City of Joy mourns the loss of Dominique Lapierre
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World