Delta's 64,000 employees now have brand new designer uniforms
Delta Air Lines
- Delta Air Lines introduced its new Zac Posen-designed and Lands' End-made uniforms worldwide on Tuesday
- The new threads will be worn by the airline's 64,000 uniformed employees.
- The design and testing process of the uniforms took more than three years.
Delta Air Lines employees received a brand new generation of uniforms on Tuesday. The Atlanta-based airline rolled out its new threads to all of its 64,000 uniformed employees around the world.
"We have the best employees in the business so we want to ensure they have the best uniforms in the business," the general manager of Delta's uniform program, Ekrem Dimbiloglu told Business Insider in an interview.
Gone are the navy blue uniforms that we have become accustomed to over the years. Instead, the airline's flight attendants and customer service agents will now sport the Passport Plum look created by famed fashion designer Zac Posen.
There are also four additional hues called Groundspeed Graphite, Cruising Cardinal, Traveling Thistle, and Skyline Slate.
Delta Air Lines
This is the first redesign of Delta's flight attendant and customer service agent uniforms in a decade, Dimbiloglu said. The airline's ramp and technical operations staff haven't had a uniform revamp in near 20 years.
The airline's new threads have been more than three years in the making with Posen and his team. They even went as far as shadowing various employees through their work day to get a better idea of the requirement of each uniform.
"This entire process has been about making our employees look and feel the best because we know if you look and feel good in what you're wearing, you are going to provide even more exceptional service," Delta's uniform program director added.
"In addition, we made sure every employee's voice was heard and this was not a uniform Delta issued but a uniform that Delta's people were a part of."
Delta Air Lines
To head this off, Delta not only instituted more stringent wear testing but also conducted multiple audits of Lands' End's production facilities in the US and abroad. The airline even took its employees to the visit the Lands End factories, Dimbiloglu told us.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World