Demonetisation: Today is the last day for over-the-counter exchange of old notes
The government has suspended over-the-counter exchange of old notes from today midnight.
It said that the Rs 500 notes will be allowed till December 15 in places where it is already being accepted.
Rs 1,000 notes will not be eligible for exemption, the government announced. There is a complete ban on the usage of these notes from today midnight.
Rs 1000 notes will not be accepted at petrol pumps and government hospitals.
Foreign citizens will be permitted to exchange foreign currency upto Rs 5,000 per week. Entry to this effect will be made in their passports.
Old Rs 500 notes will be allowed for government school and college fees.
Popular on BI
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI