Did Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale actually make it big?
AdvertisementCome Diwali, and nearly every Indian e-tailer is pulling up their socks to attract the frenzied shopping rush. The loud full page ads in leading newspapers, the euphoric ‘Diwali special’ TVCs, and the massive billboards seem to be screaming out, “Mark the date on your calendar, silly!”
Diwali accounts for over 50% of all online sales in India. Turn to any e-commerce site, and you have discounts on nearly any tangible object in the planet. Hell, Snapdeal even sells cement now! ‘Hourly Deals’, ‘Daily Deals’, ‘Weekly Deals’, ‘Season-special Deals’, ‘Midnight Deals’, ‘App-only Deals’, deals galore! Ran out of credit on your card? Order one from the shopping site itself, and shop more. Shop, shop, shop till you drop.
If reading this exhausted you, congratulations, you’re still sane. Talk is cheap; let’s get to the bottom of this, shall we? How big are these sales really? How much difference do these really make?
BI India demystifies the facts behind one of India’s most anticipated online sales (with some help from MySmartPrice) – Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale to give you a glimpse into India’s online sale orgy.
Image credit: WheelsAndChips
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World