Digital India: Ratan Tata ties up with Google, Intel for technological empowerment of women
Praising the government's '
At the launch of an initiative to deepen Internet usage among rural women, the chair emeritus of
Tata Trusts, which is chaired by
The 77-year-old also asserted that Internet will help educate India, which in return, will give access to livelihood to many women. He also added that this initiative would also help reach out commerce to all corners of the country.
The move followed the launch of Prime Minister
(Image: The Economic Times)
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state