Disease experts reveal the 5 best ways to protect yourself from Zika
Mario Tama/Getty Images
Yet, experts warn, Zika is also likely circulating undetected in other parts of the US, particularly Texas, Louisiana, and other parts of the Gulf Coast.
"You should not assume that transmission is only in Florida," Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, told INSIDER.
The virus poses the biggest risk for pregnant women and those who are thinking of conceiving (because Zika can affect fetal brain development) as well as their male partners, since the virus can be transmitted sexually.
As a result, it is important for such people to protect themselves from Zika. Here are five easy ways to stay safe.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life