Doctor at center of Peyton Manning doping allegation denies everything and trashes key witness
Dr. Dale Guyer, founder of The Guyer Institute, said he has "no reason" to believe allegations linking Manning and other NFL and Major League Baseball athletes to performance enhancing drugs "are based in fact or have any truth."
He went on to say "former unpaid intern" Charles Sly "purposely fabricate[d] and spread stories that are simply not true."
Earlier in the day, Sly took to YouTube to recant statements he gave to Al Jazeera on a hidden camera interview in which he implicated Manning and his wife, Ashley, as being recipients of HGH through The Guyer Institute.
Guyer went on to contradict key elements of the Al Jazeera story, including the timeline on which Sly worked for him. In Al Jazeera's reporting, Sly is said to have worked at The Guyer Institute at the same time Manning was recovering from surgery that kept him sidelined during the 2011 season.
"Sly was never an employee of the Guyer Institute and his brief three-month internship occurred in 2013, during which time Peyton was not even being treated or present in the office," he said in a statement.
Statement by Dr. Dale Guyer of The Guyer Institute: pic.twitter.com/FQ85Z211cu- Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) December 27, 2015
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines