Domino's has launched a physical button you push to order pizza
The pizza chain is releasing a number of physical buttons to social media competition winners in the UK from December.The button, which looks like a miniature pizza box, works by pairing with the Domino's app over Bluetooth. Customers need to register their details - including their name, address, and their favorite order - and the pizza will be on its way every time they press the button, which is powered by technology company FLIC.
In an emailed press release, Domino's Pizza Group sales and marketing director Simon Wallis says: "The Domino's app has been downloaded over 10 million times and 75 per cent of our orders are now online. We also know that our customers love innovation, which further improves the ease of ordering such as our Pizza Tracker. With this in mind we challenged our tech wizards to go a step further and create the one-stop Easy Order. We've had a lot of fun creating the Easy Order and hope our customers will love it too."
Back in May, Domino's introduced a "tweet to order" system in the US that allowed customers to place direct orders for pizza on Twitter using a pizza emoji.
- Army commanders to review situation in Ladakh, internal reforms at 4-day conference today
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defence Secretary Mark Esper to arrive in India today
- France reports new record high single-day Covid-19 cases
- Adidas India witnesses a 300% increase in sneaker sales over the last 3 years, aims to drive sneaker culture in India and have a pan-India footprint
- Why Snapdeal targeted non-metro cities and rural India during its pre-Diwali sale