From Domino’s to Hong’s Kitchen – India's Jubilant Foodworks enters the Chinese fast food segment with its own budget brand
- The company which has exclusive rights for Domino’s in India and Sri Lanka has now launched its first own homegrown brand.
- Cashing in on the popularity of Chinese cuisine in India, Jubilant has opened Hong’s Kitchen in Gurugram.
- The company operates 1,200 Domino’s Pizza restaurants across 271 cities in India and 32 Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants across 10 cities in India.
With this, the company marks its foray into the Chinese cuisine segment with Hong’s Kitchen and its first outlet has opened up in Gurugram’s Eros mall.
The company’s management noted this as a step towards building a stronger portfolio for JFL, after Domino’s and Dunkin’.
“While Chinese food is the second largest consumed cuisine in the country, there exists a vast gap between street vendors and premium fine-dining restaurants,” said Pratik Pota, CEO and Whole-time Director,
Interestingly, Hong’s Kitchen is also a common name for Chinese restaurants across the world. Restaurants with the same name are present in Hamilton, Newcastle, Nova Scotia (Canada) etc.
Jubilant has 1,200 Domino’s Pizza restaurants across 271 cities in India and 32 Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants across 10 cities in India. According to its official records, the company’s operating revenue for FY18 stood at ₹29,804 million, up by 17.1% from the previous financial year.
Jubilant Foodworks was in the news last month as it started paying brand royalty to Jubilant Enpro for using the name 'Jubilant'. As part of the royalty, JFL would have to pay 0.25% of its revenues from each of its three subsidiaries to Jubilant Enpro.
A whopping 2.5 million Indians dined out in February as discounts poured in – Here’s what most of them ate
In India, restaurants have a love-hate relationship with online food delivery platforms
- Oppo F17 Pro quick review – slim, light and affordable
- Best ceiling fans in India
- Enola Holmes, Crackdown, Utopia, and other shows that you can binge-watch this weekend
- German researchers identify effective antibodies against SARS-CoV-2
- Income Tax Department introduces faceless income tax appeals, says it will ensure just and fair appeal orders