Donald Trump is Time magazine's Person of the Year
President-elect Donald J. Trump is Time's 2016 Person of the Year, the magazine announced on the Today show.
TIME Washington Bureau Chief Michael Scherer wrote the magazine's cover story:
For years, he fed off the disrespect and used it to grab more tabloid headlines, to connect to common people. Now he has upended the leadership of both major political parties and effectively shifted the political direction of the international order. He will soon command history's most lethal military, along with economic levers that can change the lives of billions. And the people he has to thank are those he calls "the forgotten," millions of American voters who get paid by the hour in shoes that will never touch these carpets-working folk, regular Janes and Joes, the dots in the distance.
Here's the cover, in full:
Trump appeared to scoop the magazine with a tweet just before the cover was announced:
I will be interviewed on the @TODAYshow at 7:30. Enjoy!- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2016
NOW WATCH: Why Ivanka can't serve in a Trump cabinet
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes