Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant drops 4 million viewers on Reelz after NBC gave it the axe
David Becker/Getty Images
According to Variety, 925,000 people tuned into the Miss USA Pageant during its first airing at 8 p.m. ET Sunday on Reelz. A second airing at 11 p.m. ET attracted 248,000 more viewers to the program for a total night's viewers of 1.27 million.
A good night for Reelz (which averages 103,000 viewers on Sundays during the summer), the number is a big drop for the pageant compared to its NBC days.
Last year's Miss USA was watched by 5.6 million viewers on NBC. So, the pageant dropped more than four million viewers year-over-year.
The whole ordeal began when Trump made offensive comments regarding Mexican immigration and immigrants during his speech announcing his candidacy for president. Univision, a member of NBCUniversal, then canceled its agreement to air Miss USA. NBC would later follow.
Amid the controversy, Miss Oklahoma, Olivia Jordan, won this year's Miss USA title.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World