E-commerce to generate 2.5 lakh Jobs in 2016
AdvertisementE-commerce is set to generate 2.5 lakh jobs this year. Hiring in the sector is expected to grow at 60-65%. Most e-commerce businesses have increased their turnover and will develop further, the Assocham report says.
"E-commerce industry is likely to generate nearly 2.5 lakhs jobs in the online retail in 2016 including temporary employees, supply chain, logistics, ancillary units etc," it said.
India's e-commerce market went up to $17 billion in 2014 and to $23 billion in 2015. It is expected to touch $38 billion mark by 2016, it said.
There are nearly 3.5 lakh people working with e-commerce companies. Smartphone ownership and investment from retailers are fuelling the rapid growth of mobile-commerce in India.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Data you share with ChatGPT is not private: So be careful with what you reveal
- IPO demand may pick up in the second half of FY24 after macro headwinds settle
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI