Ease of doing business: US praises PM Modi for making India a better investment destination!
It is definitely good news for the
According to a report by PTI, the report has credited Modi government for making considerable changes in policies such as
“These changes have helped to improve India's overall investment regime," USITC told the US Congress in its investigative report.
The report noted that since the Modi government came to power, India has raised FDI equity caps in key sectors such as insurance and defense. The government also cleared foreign companies of getting the pre-investment authorisations in several industries and has approved foreign investments in certain segments of the railway industry.
The report also pointed out that the government has also made several changes in its tariffs and customs procedures. It added that all these changes have positively impacted the India-US trade as it has facilitated greater access to the Indian market.
The USITC prepared the report at the request of the House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means and the Senate Committee on Finance.
Popular on BI
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India