Check if you qualify for CBSE class 12 reexamination to be held in August
- Students who didn’t score passing marks in one or more subjects in class 12 board examination can apply for reexamination.
- Those who did score the minimum marks but believe they deserved better, in one or more subjects, can also take this test.
- The opportunity is open for specific categories of students from earlier years as well.
- If you are a class 12 student seeking a reexamination, read the article to see if you qualify for it.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementThe Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared that class 12 students who didn’t pass, in one or more subjects, or are either unhappy with the marks they scored can sit for a reexamination.
Even those students who passed in 2020 and 2021, but believe they should have scored more, in one or more subjects, are also eligible to apply for the reexamination in August 2021.
The exams will be held between August 16 to September 15. You can see the specific subjects where the option for reappearing for exams is available here.
Who all can apply for the examination?
1. Students who are not satisfied with the marks awarded can appear again for an examination conducted by the board in August 2021. The marks scored in the second examination will be considered as final.
2. Compartment students i.e. those who couldn’t score the qualifying marks in at least one subject can get a second shot. They can sit for exams, in those specific subjects, and improve their overall score.
3. Criteria for private, patrachar (dropouts) and compartment students —
- Candidates who passed class-12 in 2015 or thereafter, registered under additional subject category, which was scheduled in May 2021, can appear for examination to be held in August 2021.
- The regular candidates who failed in at least one subject in 2019, got a second chance the same year, and still couldn’t clear it, can also take the exams in Aug 2021. This is to compensate for an exam that was scheduled in September 2020 but couldn’t be conducted
- Regular/private candidates whose result was declared compartment, also could not clear the examination in September 2020, and registered for second chance scheduled in May 2021, can sit for the exam in August 2021.
- Candidates who applied for 6 subjects, which were scheduled for May 2021, are eligible to apply again for the examination to be held in August 2021.
Candidates who were placed under compartment category in the result declared in 2021, are eligible to apply for first chance compartment for the examination to be held in August 2021.
Where to apply for the examination?
An online portal will be made available for candidates (who are not satisfied with their results and wish to sit for the improvement exam and who have been placed under Compartment category) to register.
From cookies king Britannia to soaps titan HUL, inflation is eating profits away — so, you may have to pay even more for daily essentials
Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins
Popular on BI
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- SC quashes Kerala HC order granting anticipatory bail to 4 in ISRO espionage case
- India coal production for April-Nov period up 17%, to 524mn tonnes
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World