For the best school education head to Kerala, Rajasthan or Karnataka
- Indian states of Kerala, Rajasthan, and
Karnatakahave been ranked as the top performing states in the school education.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks last in terms of performance in school education, according to
- In terms of learning outcomes, Andhra Pradesh tops for language and Mathematics.
The report was rolled out to examine the state of education across the country. “The education index aims to bring an ‘outcome’ focus to education policy by providing states and UTs with a platform to identify their strengths and weaknesses and undertake requisite course corrections or policy interventions,” it said.
Kerala ranks highest at 76.6% while Uttar Pradesh scored 36.4% — with the worst performance. According to the conclusions,
Amongst union Territories, Chandigarh has secured the highest position scoring 82.9%, followed by Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
“Quality school education is a function of a targeted focus on learning outcomes, efficient governance structures, provision of necessary infrastructure and ensuring equitable academic opportunities.
“SEQI exists in a symbiotic ecosystem, which converges efforts across the government to evolve an education landscape which resonates with the ideals of a youthful nation and which realises the potential of every single child across India,” said Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog.
In terms of learning outcomes, Andhra Pradesh tops for language and Mathematics.
The School Education Quality Index assessed states on the basis of learning outcomes, access, equity and infrastructure and facilities, and government processes aiding outcome.
Check your state here.
Popular on BI
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023
- Kiara Advani to David Beckham, the most searched people in India in 2023