Jio Institute to offer undergraduate courses in AI, machine learning and more
- Mukesh Ambani’s
Jio Institutewill start its first academic session in 2021.
- It will focus on undergraduate courses in emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, and digital media and marketing.
- The digital courses will be led by Shailesh Kumar, who is the chief data scientist for Jio.
- The Human Resource & Development (HRD) Ministry had granted the ‘eminence’ status to the Jio Institute even before it went operational.
These undergraduate courses will be led by Shailesh Kumar, who is the chief data scientist for
The institute has formulated a seven member board of advisory, before the launch. Ambanis aside, the board includes members — Jean-Lou Chameau, president of Caltech; Michael Keller of Stanford, Rick Levin of Yale, Subra Suresh of Singapore’s Nanyang Technology University, Nadhmi A Al-Nasr of Saudi Arabia’s habitat project NEOM; Frank J Mulhem and Vinayak P Dravis of Northwestern University.
The Human Resource & Development (HRD) Ministry had granted the ‘ eminence’ status to the Jio Institute even before it went operational. The institute however has been under the heat since it was the only proposed institute to be accorded this status back in 2018. This status was reportedly given solely on the basis of future prospects.
The institute is expected to hire university staff and prepare an academic curriculum by October 2020, ET reported citing the company’s response to the government’s EEC.
The Jio institute is eyeing global academic experts to be a part of its faculty. It is in talks with universities like Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Northwestern University and Nanyang Technological University to bring in faculty experts and mentors to the institute.
The institute is expected to have a sprawling campus across 800 acres and will be located at Navi Mumbai.
Mukesh Ambani to invest ₹15 billion into the much delayed Jio Institute
AdvertisementReliance Jio gets a golden opportunity to hike tariffs and still stay ahead of rivals
IITs, IISc say that patchy funding is delaying ‘Institute of Eminence’ plans
- Sensex registers worst trading day since May 2020 — ends nearly 2000 points lower
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality