MasterClass is a sophisticated e-learning platform featuring classes taught by celebrities and industry leaders. These are the 13 coolest classes, including business and leadership with Bob Iger, creative writing with Margaret Atwood, and cooking techniques with Thomas Keller.
- MasterClass is an e-learning platform that features classes taught by well-known celebrities and industry leaders.
- You'll find a business strategy and leadership course taught by former Disney CEO Bob Iger, and an acting course taught by Samuel L. Jackson, among other stellar examples.
- A single course costs $90, but $180 will get you an all-access pass to every course on the site. Right now, Masterclass is offering a buy-one, get-one-free promotion, so you can get two annual memberships for the price of one.
- Keep reading for 13 of the best courses you can enroll in right now.
Who better to teach you how to shoot a free throw than Steph Curry, or how to deliver a joke than Steve Martin? If you want to learn something new, there's really no better teacher than an expert in their field. Unfortunately, for most of us, getting a one-on-one cooking class with Wolfgang Puck or a writing lesson taught by Judy Blume probably isn't realistic. But MasterClass is bridging the gap by recruiting the greats to teach us regulars the secrets to their crafts.Unlike most e-learning platforms focused on teaching hard skills like cloud computing or UX design, Masterclass targets a different audience: creatives who are looking to learn and gain some inspiration along the way.
If you're craving something to inspire you, help you hone in on a craft, or looking to get advice from a respected expert, you'll love MasterClass. The videos are well-produced, which makes each lesson really engaging, and the workbooks that accompany each lesson give you some extra insight to help reflect on what you've learned. You can even download the MasterClass app on your phone so you can squeeze in quick lessons whenever you have free time during your day.
Here are 13 courses you can only find at MasterClass:
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Thomas Keller teaches cooking techniques
Annie Leibovitz teaches photographyAdvertisement
Samuel L. Jackson teaches acting
Margaret Atwood teaches creative writingAdvertisement
Serena Williams teaches tennis
Bob Iger teaches business strategy and leadershipAdvertisement
Neil deGrasse Tyson teaches scientific thinking and communication
Kelly Wearstler teaches interior designAdvertisement
Chris Voss teaches the art of negotiation
Christina Aguilera teaches singingAdvertisement
Dominique Ansel teaches French pastry fundamentals
Carlos Santana teaches the art and soul of guitarAdvertisement
Daniel Negreanu teaches poker
- Bharat Biotech to make antigen for first-ever anti-malaria vaccine
- SIMPLY PUT: Watch out for production linked incentives in the budget — here’s how it will work
- Surgeries, invasive procedures and OPDs to resume at all Delhi government hospitals
- Meet the world’s richest people are paying $55 million each to fly on Elon Musk’s SpaceX rocket.
- OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing