On National Education Day, here’s a look at the recent reforms in India
AdvertisementToday, India celebrates the
In September 2008, the Human Resource and Development Ministry declared November 11 as the National Education Day.
Maulana, who shaped the scientific research and education system believed that schools are laboratories that will shape the future of the country.
He established the country’s first elite engineering college — Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He also founded the University Grants Commission (UGC), Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) among others.
Here are the
1. MBBS doctors will no longer need extra exams for licences, or for PG admissions
2. Scholarship for minority students
3. Indian schools to set-up vegetable gardens for experiential learning
4. Common entrance test for 15 central universities
5. NCERT proposes ‘no exams’ for preschoolers
6. India increased the school education budget in 2019
7. ‘Study in India’ programme,’ focussed to bring foreign students to study in India’s higher education institutions.
8. The draft New Education Policy
But more needs to be done…
Popular on BI
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- Hiring activity for white-collar jobs dips 12% during Oct-Nov
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones