NEP has potential to transform the entire nation, says Prime Minister Modi
PM Narendra Modi todayaddressed thousands of institutions, colleges about the higher education system in India under the New Education Policy
- The major reforms under the NEP include a new grading system, push to vocational education, fee regulation, elimination of MPhil, etc
- Here’s what PM Modi has to say on India’s New Education Policy.
The Indian government on July 29 approved the New Education Policy (NEP) and renamed the Ministry of Human Resource and Development as the Ministry of Education.
The existing NEP was framed in 1986 and revised in 1992. The New Education Policy was part of the Bharatiya Janata Party's manifesto ahead of the 2014 general election.
The policy brings reforms to the entire Indian education system. The Indian government has allocated 6% of GDP as public investment in the education sector in India, up from 4.43% allocation.
The Major reforms under the NEP include a new grading system, push to vocational education, fee regulation, elimination of MPhil, etc
He emphasized on the need for a new education system because the changing times have given rise to a new global system. “A new global standard is rising. It was essential that India changed its education system as per this. Creating a 5+3+3+4 curriculum, while moving ahead from the school curriculum's 10+2 structure, is a step in this direction”, said
Here’s what PM Modi has to say on India’s New Education Policy
- After years of extensive research and consultation, the NationalEducationPolicy has been launched. It is being widely discussed across the country. People from
different walksof life are participating in a healthy debate on the same.
- After 3-4 years of extensive deliberations, the National Education Policy has been approved after a long brainstorm on millions of suggestions.
- Today it is widely discussed across the country. People from different fields, people of different ideologies are giving their views, reviewing the National Policy on Education. This is a Healthy Debate, the higher it is, the more benefit the country's education system will get
- It is also a matter of happiness that after the National Education Policy came out, it did not arise from any region of the country, from any section that it had any kind of Bias, or was leaning towards one side:
- There were no major changes in our education system over the years. As a result, instead of promoting the values of Curiosity and Imagination in our society, the sheep movement was being encouraged:
- Today, I am satisfied that while formulating the National Education Policy of India - National Education Policy, these questions were seriously worked on. New world order is coming up with changing times. A new Global Standard is also being decided
- There is no doubt that the speed of learning of children is better by having the same dialect of the home of the children and the language of study in school. This is a very big reason due to which, as far as possible, till 5th class, it has been agreed to teach children in their mother tongue only:
- In our education system so far, the focus has been on What to Think. Whereas how to think is being emphasized in this education policy.
- The whole world has high expectations from 21st century India. India's ability is that it can give solutions to talent and technology to the whole world, our education policy also addresses this responsibility of ours
- We're moving to an era where an individual will not be stuck to a single profession all his life. Thus, he will continuously need to re-skill and up-skill himself. We have kept this in contention while formulating the National Education Policy.
LinkedIn, TCS, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee and other companies hiring right now in India
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World