Thousands of IGCSE students are anxiously awaiting clarity on board exams set to start on April 27
- The schools under
CAIEare supposed to conduct their main offline examsfor its students starting from April 27.
- The parents seem to be strongly against the idea of conducting exams — be it online or offline.
- When we spoke to the parents, some of them mentioned their child going through mental trauma and pressure.
AdvertisementDue to the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the country, various boards have either postponed or cancelled the 10th standard exams. But the uncertainty around International General Certificate of Secondary Education (
According to the CAIE website, there are over 400 schools in India, which follow its curriculum.
The schools under CAIE are supposed to conduct their main offline exams for its students starting from April 27.
“Online classes were being held from past six months when the cases were little subsided in the country. Now when the cases are exploding, the board wants offline exams,” said another parent whose kid goes to a CAIE school in Mumbai.
The parents seem to be strongly against the idea of conducting exams -- be it online or offline -- as it's not at all safe for their families due to the pandemic situation and every child doesn’t have the resources to appear for an online exam.
“Who will be responsible if a child catches
Due to a large number of students attending the exam, this can be highly infectious and risky for all students and there are bigger chances of getting an infection.
Earlier this week, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had cancelled exams for class 10 and postponed the class 12 exams.
On Friday, it was announced that the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board exams for 10th and 12th were also postponed.
When we spoke to the parents, some of them mentioned their child going through mental trauma and pressure. “Our kids study 16 hours a day, of course, he’s getting anxious, he is in mental pain and distress,” one of the parents told Business Insider.
AdvertisementWith no possible resolution in sight, parents and kids are on a wing and a prayer.
SEE ALSO: Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests
Four charts show how COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in India
WATCH: Crystal clear footage of NASA astronauts walking in space, changing out pipes, installing cameras and much more
Popular on BI
- From Mandira Bedi to Yuvraj Singh, here are celebrity homes you can book for staycations
- Top 10 cities that are home to the richest Indians
- Hero Electric to set up ₹1,200 crore EV manufacturing plant in Rajasthan
- Apple starts manufacturing iPhone 14 in India
- Harsha Engineers lists at 36% premium amid volatile market conditions
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World