NEET 2020 re-exam to be held tomorrow — check eligibility for phase two exam
- The National Testing Agency is scheduled to conduct re-examination for
- The NEET exam was held on September 13 across the country.
- However, candidates who tested positive for COVID-19 or were residing in containment zones were not permitted to appear to take the exam in September.
Students who could not appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 due to COVID-19 infection or containment zone restrictions will get a chance to appear for it on October 14.
This comes as the Supreme Court allowed the National Testing Agency to conduct phase 2 of the examination.
“In view of the circumstances which have necessitated the postponement of the examination in the past and in view of the prevailing circumstances, we consider it appropriate to grant permission to the National Testing Agency to conduct a second part of the NEET (UG) 2019 for the COVID affected students and for those in containment zones on October 14, 2020,” the bench said.
The NEET exam was held on September 13 across the country. According to the National Testing Agency, nearly 88% of 15.97 lakh students, who had registered, took the exam. However, candidates who tested positive for Covid-19 or were residing in containment zones were not permitted to appear to take the exam in September.
NEET 2020 results on October 16
Earlier this year, the exam was postponed twice due to the pandemic and the government decided to go ahead with it, despite opposition by a section, to mitigate any further academic loss. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has said that the NEET 2020 results will be announced on October 16.
Starting this year, the admissions to the MBBS course in the 13 All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, will also be made through NEET following the amendment in National Medical Commission Act, 2019, passed by Parliament last year.
The test was offered in 11 languages - English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu this year.
AdvertisementYahoo Groups to bid its final farewell on December 15
Popular on BI
- Best budget 5GHz routers for faster speeds
- Naidu to chair virtual meeting with parties on RS agenda for budget session
- TRS MPs to meet on Sunday to chalk out party's strategy for Budget session of Parliament
- EXPLAINED: India’s annual Economic Survey
- With COVID expenses rising, taxpayers need more than an insurance rebate, says a wealth manager