You can earn a master's degree in coffee through a 9-month program in Italy
- The University of Florence is offering a
master's degreein coffee.
- The course aims to train students in all parts of the coffee-making process.
- The 9-month course will be taught in-person in Florence,
The University of Florence is offering a master's degree in coffee, where it says students can get an
The 9-month-long course begins in January with an inaugural class of 24 students. Though the first class will be taught in Italian, subsequent years of classes may be offered in English.
Students will learn in-person in Italy, which has been hailed as the coffee capital of the world and the birthplace of espresso and espresso-based drinks like macchiatos and cappuccinos.
While many institutions offer coffee-making courses, it seems the program at the University of Florence is only one of a handful of coffee master's degree programs. The Universita del Cafe in Italy offers a master's program covering the world of coffee and the University of California Davis Coffee Center has announced that its long-term goals is to design a master's degree in coffee science.
However, if you can't make it to Italy for your coffee education, barista schools and coffee classes proliferate online and in-person for both amateurs and professionals.
"We will cover all aspects of the business. Right from the origins to the preparation and serving of the drink," the course's supervisor, Francesco Garbati Pegna, told Breezy Scroll. "The course is the only one of its kind, as far as I am aware."
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200