Eiffel Tower Reopening After Bomb Threat Prompts Evacuation
The Eiffel Tower was evacuated today following a bomb threat, Sky News reports.
The evacuation of the
Singaporean blogger Mary Tan tweeted pictures from the scene:
#eiffel #tower being evacuated! We are all being made to walk down the stairs... Wonder why?! pic.twitter.com/9ZVRYBLOas— MaryAroundtheWorld (@maryttan) August 9, 2013
All lines cleared, no one is allowed up to the #eiffeltower and police have set up a barricade. pic.twitter.com/t6fbi3sbqC— MaryAroundtheWorld (@maryttan) August 9, 2013
This story will be updated as we find out more...
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar