Elizabeth Warren just issued the most scathing call for impeachment yet
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren sent a scathing series of tweets on Friday, doubling down on her calls for the president's impeachment and issuing some friendly fire, calling congress complicit.
- The tweets mark the strongest impeachment language from a Democratic candidate to date.
- "By failing to act, Congress is complicit in Trump's latest attempt to solicit foreign interference to aid him in US elections. Do your constitutional duty and impeach the president," she wrote.
- The Massachusetts senator's tweets come at the end of a week where reports have trickled out about an August whistleblower complaint that has captured Washington's attention.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, one of the frontrunners for in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, sent a scathing series of tweets on Friday, doubling down on her calls for impeachment and issuing some friendly fire, calling congress complicit.The tweets mark the strongest impeachment language to date from a Democratic candidate.
The senator from Massachusetts' tweets come at the end of a week where reports have trickled out about an August whistleblower complaint that has captured Washington's attention. Business Insider's Sonam Sheth and John Haltiwanger have a full timeline of what we know and don't know about the whistleblower complaint."A president is sitting in the Oval Office, right now, who continues to commit crimes," Warren continued. "He continues because he knows his Justice Department won't act and believes Congress won't either. Today's news confirmed he thinks he's above the law. If we do nothing, he'll be right."
one of the first 2020 candidates to call for impeachment following the release of the Mueller report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election - has made battling Washington corruption the centerpiece of her 2020 campaign.
- Initial assessment of adverse events didn't necessitate stoppage of vaccine trials: ICMR
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials for Sputnik vaccine commence
- 'Delhi chalo': After Singhu and Tikri, Delhi Police closes Chilla border due to farmers' protest
- Manforce Condoms promotes its competitors in its latest ad for World AIDS Day
- Sensex, Nifty close at record high on recovery hopes, vaccine boost