Elon Musk agrees that Trump 'screwed' him after joining White House council
Evan Vucci / AP
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk agrees that Trump "screwed" him after the Tesla CEO joined the White House economic advisory council. Musk left the council in 2017 after Trump pulled the US out of the Paris Climate Accord.
- "I did my absolute best," Musk said in a new interview for the Recode Decode podcast.
- While he was on the council, Musk defended his decision to join, arguing that he attempted to lobby in favor of immigrants and climate change policy.
Elon Musk once again defended his choice to join Trump's economic advisory council in an interview with Recode's Kara Swisher for the Recode Decode podcast. The Tesla CEO said it was "still worth trying" to join the council and argue in favor of climate change policy, adding that "I did my absolute best."Musk has defended this choice in the past - however, this time he admitted that he might have gotten a raw deal.
"Well, you were right," Musk responded.Musk joined the council shortly after Trump's inauguration, but left in mid-2017 after Trump pulled the United States out of the Paris Climate Accord. During his time on the council, Musk defended his position, arguing that he attempted to lobby in favor of immigrants and climate change policy.
In the Recode interview, Musk admitted that it was "unlikely" that his efforts on the council would be effective, but it was "worth a shot." "If I stayed on the councils it would be saying (the Paris Climate Accord) wasn't important, but I think it's super important," Musk said in a 2017, speaking to US governors. "The country needs to keep its word. There's just no way I could stay on after that."
When Swisher asked Musk if he would join the council again, he was unsure.
"I don't know," Musk said. "Are there councils?"Click here to listen to Musk's whole interview with Recode's Kara Swisher.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit
- Best steel water bottles
- MIT has a new AI model that can detect asymptomatic COVID-19 patients just by the using the sound of their coughs recorded over phone calls
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December