Elon Musk has offered to help rescue the Thai soccer team stuck in a cave
Mark Brake / Getty Images
- Elon Musk has said he is "happy to help" if there's anything he can contribute to the rescue mission of a Thai soccer team from a cave.
- The team has been stuck for nearly two weeks, and authorities are finalizing their rescue plan after finding them earlier this week.
- Musk has been increasingly vocal in replying to people on Twitter, an activity that has been good for business so far.
Elon Musk has said he is "happy to help" with the rescue of the Thai soccer team currently stuck in a cave.
The Tesla CEO was asked by a Twitter user if he could provide a helping hand with the recovery of the 12 boys and their coach who have been stuck in a Thai cave for nearly two weeks, and Musk replied in the affirmative a few hours later.
It's unclear what Musk could be able to contribute to the rescue team which has assembled from around the world.
First, the SpaceX chief executive has been increasingly engaging with fans and others on Twitter. In April and May his tweeting quadrupled, and Quartz counted that 80% of all his Twitter interactions in May were replies rather than original posts.
The reason for the shift is not clear, but Musk's tweets have driven business in the past.
Last year, Musk made a bet on Twitter with Atlassian's Mike Cannon-Brookes that Tesla could build the world's largest lithium-ion battery in Australia in 100 days, or the company would do it for free.
The project met its deadline which, if it had been missed, Musk had said would have cost him "probably $50 million or more."
I suspect that the Thai govt has this under control, but I'm happy to help if there is a way to do so- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 4, 2018
NOW WATCH: Why Rolex watches are so expensive
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics
- This Indian chef says he is making his entire month's salary from one Instagram video but for him it’s just a tool
- Evergrande’s impact on Bitcoin highlights how cryptocurrencies still have growing pains
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO gets blockbuster demand from investors
- Sify Technologies to set up new data centres in Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru