Elon Musk promises Tesla Model 3 will get some new features in the coming months
- Elon Musk confirmed that Tesla Model 3 occupants will be able to control music and the rear-seat climate with the Tesla app, get sonic blind-spot notifications, and receive an improved user interface.
- Musk said on Twitter that the features would arrive in the next few months.
- Musk is known for his active presence on Twitter, which he frequently uses to engage with customers and announce vehicle updates.
Elon Musk confirmed that Tesla Model 3 occupants will be able to control music and the rear-seat climate with the Tesla app, get sonic blind-spot notifications, and receive an improved user interface.
Earlier in the day, Consumer Reports gave the Model 3 a "Recommended Buy" rating after Tesla made over-the-air improvements to the vehicle's braking system. The publication said the update reduced the distance the vehicle needed to go from 60 mph to a complete stop by 19 feet.
Tesla is able to make wireless software updates to its vehicles to improve performance, fix bugs, and add new features. Jake Fisher, Consumer Reports' director of auto testing, said in the updated review that he had never seen a wireless update result in an improved track performance for a car in his 19 years with the publication.
In its initial review, Consumer Reports did not recommend the Model 3, citing a braking distance that was worse than any modern vehicle it had tested and criticizing the vehicle's touchscreen, ride quality, rear seat, and the amount of wind noise it produced while driving at high speeds. But the publication said it was impressed by the vehicle's range, handling, and acceleration.
Musk thanked Consumer Reports for its feedback after it published its updated review and said Tesla has made improvements to the Model 3's ride quality and noise emission and will roll out improvements to its user interface later in the month.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
All items below will go to all Model 3s within next few months with V8.2 software. To report a bug or ask for a feature, press voice button, say "bug report" followed by issue description. https://t.co/ea7FTOn2cE- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 30, 2018
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased