Elon Musk said a Tesla 'dog mode' is rolling out this week, and it might stop pooches from overheating in cars
- This week Tesla cars will receive an update this week, which includes a "dog mode."
- A fan tweeted at Elon Musk in October asking for a dog mode which keeps the AC on and plays music.
- Musk said on Thursday that the update will be rolling out this week along with a new security feature "safety mode," which blasts classical music if the car detects it's being broken into.
Elon Musk has confirmed that Tesla will be rolling out an update this week called "dog mode."Musk received a request for a dog mode in October 2018 via Twitter. Specifically, the original tweet request asked that the mode plays music, turns on the air conditioning and displays a message on the car's display screen saying "I'm fine my owner will be right back."Advertisement
Now, four months later, Musk says the update is ready to launch. Responding to a tweet about the new "sentry mode" - a security feature which will blast loud classical music if the car detects forced entry - Musk said on Thursday that both sentry and dog mode will roll out this week.
Tesla updates are carried out remotely, as they are done via the cars' software.Read more: Tesla has made Autopilot a standard feature on Model 3s ordered in China
It is not immediately clear whether dog mode will be exactly as the original tweeter requested it, a mode which keeps the AC on could help prevent dogs from overheating while sat in the car.The American Veterinary Medical Association says hundreds of pets die every year from heat exhaustion because they are left in parked vehicles. It said the temperature inside a car can rise almost 20 degrees in just 10 minutes. Business Insider contacted Tesla for further detail.Advertisement
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
Yes- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 20, 2018
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30