Elon Musk said Tesla is retiring the cheapest types of Model S and X, and there's a deadline to get one
- Tesla is retiring the cheapest versions of its Model S and X cars, Elon Musk said, and set a deadline for last-minute orders.
- In a tweet on Wednesday, Musk said the cars with a 75 KWh battery (called the 75D,) will be pulled from Monday.
- The 75 kWh versions, Tesla's cheapest, are substantially less expensive than the next up in the range, the 100 kWh.
- According to current prices, the cheapest Model X will now cost $87,950, up from $72,950.
- The cheapest Model S will now cost $84,750, up from $66,750.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
If the current prices for the larger-capacity models says the same, this will increase the minimum price by around $15,000 for the Model X, and $18,000 for the Model S.
For the Model X:The cheapest version will become the $87,950 100D. This is $15,000 more expensive than the 75D, which costs $72,950.For the Model S:
The cheapest version will be the $84,750 100D. This is $18,200 more expensive than the 75D, which costs $66,750.
Increasing the battery capacity from 75 kWh to 100 kWh will give the Model S and extra 89 miles of range, and the Model X an extra 92, according to Tesla's figures.Read more: I've driven every Tesla model you can buy. Here are my favorite features.
The decision to remove the 75 kWh versions seems to be because Tesla wants to move away from defining their cars by the size of their batteries.
When asked by a Twitter user under the post: "Are you moving away from battery sizing in a similar sense to how Model 3s are sold ie Long Range, Performance etc?" Musk replied: "Yes."
- Punjab to bring Bill to earmark welfare budget for SCs in proportionate to their population
- High Pressure car washer price in India
- Best boAt headphones to buy in India
- Nothing ear (1) review – clean sound, transparent design for the win
- Oppo Reno 6 Pro 5G to A74 5G: Oppo smartphones launched in India in 2021