Elon Musk's SpaceX is reportedly raising more than $300 million in new funding, which would mean it raised over $1 billion this year alone
- SpaceX is raising another $314.2 million in equity funding, according to CNBC.
- This would push SpaceX's 2019 fundraising total to $1.33 billion, the report said.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories
SpaceX is reportedly looking to raise more than $300 million from investors, which would push its total fundraising total this year to more than $1 billion.SpaceX, the private aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company founded by Elon Musk, has filed a document to raise $314.2 million at a valuation price of $214 a share, according to CNBC. If the round goes through, SpaceX's 2019 fundraising tally would rise to $1.33 billion, the report said.
The funding news highlights intense investor interest in SpaceX, considered a trailblazer in privately-funded space exploration.On Tuesday, SpaceX launched its latest Falcon Heavy rocket, which included LightSail 2, the first spacecraft in Earth orbit powered by sunlight.
The Falcon Heavy also launched 23 other satellites, including an atomic clock for NASA and a craft with the ashes of 152 people.Got a tip about SpaceX or another tech company? Contact this reporter via email at email@example.com, message him on Twitter @benpimentel. You can also contact Business Insider securely via SecureDrop.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins