Employees reveal the worst things they've seen customers do on Black Friday
Rob Stothard/Getty Images
The INSIDER Summary:
Shopping on Black Friday might be tiring - but working during Black Friday is even worse.
We sourced stories from real retail employees who've had a shift on the biggest shopping day of the year.
For shoppers, Black Friday is a chance to get some major savings (and maybe feel like you're participating in a real-life version of the Hunger Games.)
But for employees, Black Friday is the most dreaded shift of the entire year - a day full of sleep-deprived, touchy customers, insane hours, and (in some cases) the risk of bodily injury.
Of course, with managers always monitoring performance, employees usually can't express their Black Friday frustrations out loud. That's why INSIDER found out what Black Friday really looks like from behind the register.
We spoke with some former retail employees and got no-holds-barred tales from the front lines. Though INSIDER cannot independently verify all of these tales, you'll be shocked by these horror stories.
Here's a sampling of the craziest anecdotes.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World