Engineering graduates want as much salary as MBA graduates, says report
- The average expected salary among engineering graduates and MBA graduates is nearly equal, according to Universum India Talent Report 2019.
- The MBA students expect an average compensation of ₹924,660, compared to ₹945,852 amongst IT graduates.
- Business and commerce students expect ₹877,786 annual compensation.
The expected remuneration IT graduate is at ₹945,852, the salary expectations of MBA students are at ₹924,660, says a report by Universum Talent Survey 2019.
Business and commerce students however have slightly lower expectations at ₹877,786 as annual compensation. Financial services, audit and accounting, and banking jobs are the most preferred jobs among the commerce students.
India stands sixth in terms of IT employee remuneration, trailing behind the US, UK, Canada, China and the Philippines, according to the brokerage firm Prabhudas Lilladher. The average salary extended to IT employee in India stood at ₹1.23 million per annum.
Work-life balance, and international exposure are the key factors driving the employment among the commerce, IT and MBA students, the report noted. The report analysed over 24,000 respondents from India’s leading universities.
The recent analysis by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy ( CMIE) said that the rate of unemployment increases with the rise in educational qualifications.
As per the India Skill Report released last year, engineers are far more employable than country’s MBA graduates with employability among MBAs falling over six percentage points in a period of five years to 36.4%.
Engineering graduates in India are far more employable than MBAs: survey
AdvertisementFewer jobs for better educated: India’s unemployment rate stands at 13.2% among the highly educated segment
Here’s how much an IT employee makes in different countries
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit