English Out Of UPSC
AdvertisementMinister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), Jitendra Singh, announced in the Parliament today that the marks obtained in English would not be included for gradation or preparing the merit list in the
He also said that one more attempt would be allowed in 2015 for civil services aspirants who had appeared in 2011.
The UPSC aspirants from non-English backgrounds have been demanding the aptitude test (
The CSAT-II paper in the UPSC preliminary exam carries questions on English comprehension and communication skills, besides logical reasoning, analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Popular on BI
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey
- Mukesh Ambani is all set to do a ‘Jio’ with green energy