English Out Of UPSC
Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), Jitendra Singh, announced in the Parliament today that the marks obtained in English would not be included for gradation or preparing the merit list in the
He also said that one more attempt would be allowed in 2015 for civil services aspirants who had appeared in 2011.
The UPSC aspirants from non-English backgrounds have been demanding the aptitude test (
The CSAT-II paper in the UPSC preliminary exam carries questions on English comprehension and communication skills, besides logical reasoning, analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Popular on BI
- 46% of Indians frustrated with OTT viewing experiences: Study
- Brands, influencers and celebrities who violated ASCI Guidelines for Influencers Advertising
- Electric car shipments likely to grow 50% in 2022, says a new Gartner report
- Apple releases iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3 updates with security fix
- D2C brand Plum ropes in Mithila Palkar as brand ambassador