7 reasons no other company can touch Facebook, the best place to work in America
- Facebook ranks No. 1 on Glassdoor's 2018 best places to work list.
- The annual ranking is based on employee reviews, which touch on how satisfied employees are with their employer, their CEO, and other key workplace attributes.
- Facebook tops the list for a number of reasons, including its perks and compensation, leadership, and career opportunities.
Thanks to the premium Facebook places on its employees' happiness, the tech giant has proven itself to be the gold standard for employers.
Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, Facebook just topped Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Awards, which features the 100 best places to work in 2018 across the US.
With a company rating of 4.6 out of 5, Facebook has now ranked No. 1 on Glassdoor's annual list three times and has made the list for eight consecutive years over the past decade.
To find the companies with the most satisfied workers, Glassdoor scanned its massive database of company reviews and ratings from current and former employees.
Reviews include employees' opinions on some of the best reasons to work for their employer, any downsides, advice to management, and whether they'd recommend their employer to a friend, as well as ratings on how satisfied they are with their employer overall, their CEO, and key workplace attributes like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, culture, and values.
Based on employees' reviews, companies received overall ratings on a scale of one to five, with five representing the most satisfied employees.
"Every morning when I go in, I feel like the luckiest guy on earth for ever landing a job here," writes a Facebook data scientist in Menlo Park, California, on Glassdoor.
"From its openness to its diversity, Facebook has truly surpassed all tech companies in terms of culture, perks, and employee lifestyle," a software engineer at Facebook in Menlo Park writes.
Here's a breakdown of why Facebook was rated the best company to work for in America for its more than 20,000 employees:
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Prospective homebuyers expect property prices to increase
- ICICIdirect launches online platform Flash Trade for F&O traders
- Apple announces offers on iPhone 14 series, AirPods Pro
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World