Amazon Web Services is now a $17.5 billion business
Amazon Web Services, the cloud computing division of Amazon, saw major gains in fourth quarter 2017 earnings Thursday as the tech giant titans its lead in the cloud wars.In fact, Amazon Web Services accounted for 73% of the net income Amazon as a whole posted in the holiday quarter.Advertisement
- AWS had $5.1 billion in sales for the fourth quarter of 2017, up 17% from $3.5 billion in the same quarter of 2016.
- AWS had $17.459 billion in sales in 2017, up 43% from $12.219 billion in sales in 2016.
- Operating income for AWS was up 39% from $3.1 billion in 2016 to $4.3 billion in 2017.
- More than 54,000 databases from vendors including Oracle have migrated onto AWS since the company started offering migration services in 2016.
- Here’s an app that can help children turn into storytellers
- Facebook plans to ban political ads before US election: Report
- Amazon says delete TikTok email to employees 'sent in error'
- COVID-19: C'garh to hold e-Lok Adalat via video conferencing
- Facebook's software kit to blame for popular apps crashing