Netflix doesn't have ads, but it's working with brands in many other ways. Here's everything we know.
- A debate is swirling among advertising and media execs about whether ads will come to Netflix, but the streaming giant is already working with brands in many other ways.
- You can read Business Insider's coverage of Netflix's marketing strategy by subscribing to BI Prime.
But the streaming giant is already working with brands in other non-traditional ways to promote its original programming and platform.Netflix solicited dozens of marketing tie-ins with major brands including Coca-Cola, Baskin-Robbins, and Burger King, to promote the third season of "Stranger Things." It's pursuing similar deals for other tentpole originals.
The promotional partnerships are testing people's appetites for seeing Netflix franchises tied to other brands, as well as giving Netflix a presence in marketing channels that it can't buy its way into, like retail spaces.Below is a list of stories Business Insider has published that give a peek into Netflix's marketing strategy, as well as what its competition is up to. Have an idea for another story or a tip? Let me know at ARodriguez@businessinsider.com.
Netflix's marketing strategy and partnerships
- Inside Netflix's marketing strategy for 'Stranger Things,' the show that supercharged its work with brands like Lyft and Coca-Cola
- 'I thought I was getting punked': A Baskin-Robbins marketer's reaction to being courted by Netflix to promote 'Stranger Things'
- Netflix and HBO are making big inroads into marketing tie-ins usually seen around tentpole movies
- How Netflix is using companies like Comcast and T-Mobile to drive its next phase of growth
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family