11 famous Americans who aren't as rich as you think they are
- Not all famous people are as rich as everyone thinks they are.
- Abigail Disney, the granddaughter of The Walt Disney Company cofounder Roy Disney, is worth less than the company's current CEO, according to Forbes estimates.
- And despite their penchant for flashy displays of wealth, few Hollywood stars are actually billionaires.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUNot all rich people with household names are part of the 0.01%. That's especially true of entertainers. Despite their penchant for flashy displays of wealth, few of Hollywood's elite are actually billionaires. Scandals, divorces, and even presidential campaigns have depressed the net worths of other people on this list.
AdvertisementRead more: 5 Hollywood celebrities who became billionaires and are vastly more rich than their peers
Keep reading to learn more about the ultra-wealthy Americans who aren't quite as wealthy as most people assume they are.
Abigail Disney, the granddaughter of The Walt Disney Company cofounder Roy Disney, is only worth $120 million, according to her own reports.
Tiger Woods was on track to become a billionaire before his 2009 sex scandal; now, he's worth only $800 million.
Presidential hopeful Tom Steyer might be trying to become America's second billionaire president — but he isn't anywhere near as wealthy as our current chief of state.
Taylor Swift was upset that she wasn't given the opportunity to buy her masters, but she might not have been able to afford them anyway.
Talent manager Scooter Braun — Swift's "worst-case scenario" — is only slightly wealthier than the musician herself.
Kris Jenner may be the "momager" of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, but she's worth far less than daughters Kim Kardashian West and Kylie Jenner.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's net worth stands at only $1.7 billion.
Chris Hughes helped start Facebook, but his net worth pales in comparison to the billions the other cofounders are worth.
Despite Leonardo DiCaprio's impressive filmography and decades in the biz, the actor's net worth reportedly only totals about $245 million.
Despite being a member of the Hilton family, heirs to the billion-dollar Hilton hotel empire, Paris Hilton's personal net worth is reportedly only $300 million.
Serena Williams is one of the greatest tennis players to ever live, but her earnings aren't on par with the cash her male counterparts command.
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech to buy Pune-based digital engineering firm CueLogic
- Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
- Best 43-inch smart LED TVs for small and medium sized rooms
- Moderna's protein-based Covid jab and mRNA vaccine safe for use in children, says university study
- Twitter may now directly be held responsible for every single tweet in India