16-year-old son of Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins drummed his part during an emotional moment at a tribute concert
- Taylor Hawkins' son Oliver drummed his spot in a UK concert held in his honor on Saturday.
- The 16-year-old joined the rest of the Foo Fighters on stage, including Dave Grohl.
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins' teenage son stepped into his shoes in an emotional moment at a tribute concert held in his honor on Saturday.
The six-hour show took place at London's Wembley Stadium and doubled as a fundraiser to pay tribute to Taylor, who died in March aged 50. The drummer was found unresponsive in Colombia with at least 10 substances in his system, The Guardian reported.
His death was first announced in a statement shared by the Foo Fighters Twitter account on March 26, which has had more than one million likes. "The Foo Fighters family is devastated by the tragic and untimely loss of our beloved Taylor Hawkins," read the message. "His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever."
In a video shared on Twitter by music publication Consequence, Oliver Shane is seen drumming his father's part of the track "My Hero." The song is from the Foo Fighters' second album "The Colour and The Shape," released in 1997.
—CONSEQUENCE (@consequence) September 3, 2022
The clip, which has more than 200,000 likes, shows Oliver Shane carrying out a drum solo as lead singer Dave Grohl, 53, watches on. As the track came to a close, the teenager ended his performance with a salute to the crowd.
Oliver Shane is one of three children Taylor had with his wife Alison Hawkins along with Annabele, 13, and Everleigh, eight.
Another emotional moment occurred when Grohl stepped into his late bandmate's role to drum the song "Times like these." According to People magazine, the singer broke down in tears midway through the performance.
The tribute concert included performances from artists including Paul McCartney, Liam Gallagher, and Elton John, the outlet added.
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- IPL 2023 – schedule, how to watch IPL for free, venues, new rules and more
- Fired H1B visa holders have 'multiple options', wrong to assume they have to leave in 60 days: USCIS director
- NSE, BSE put Adani Green Energy under second stage of longterm ASM framework from Mar 28
- Two multibagger stocks under Nifty500 doubled investors money in last six months
- Disney's first job cut round begins this week, 7,000 employees to be hit: CEO