Abigail Breslin says she's 'in shock and devastation' after her father died of COVID-19
- Abigail Breslin's father, Michael, died of COVID-19 on Friday at age 78.
- She and her brothers, Spencer and Ryan, shared touching tributes on Instagram.
- Michael tested positive for COVID-19 was placed on a ventilator in early February, the actress tweeted.
Abigail Breslin's father died from complications of COVID-19 on Friday. He was 78.
The 24-year-old actress shared a touching tribute to her father, Michael Breslin, with a lengthy Instagram post alongside several pictures of Michael and Abigail through the years.
"Oh wow. Hard to write this. Harder than I thought. I'm in shock and devastation," Abigail wrote.
"At 6:32 PM EST, my sweet, perfect, amazing, heroic, wonderful dada passed away after my family and I said goodbye. It was COVID-19 that cut my sweet daddy's life too short," she added.
Abigail then opened up about her father's personality, saying she wanted to "remember my dad for who he was."
"My dad was a hilarious, boisterous, tenacious, rebellious, intelligent, sweet, incredible human being. He loved life. He loved his family. He loved the simple things," Abigail wrote.
The heartfelt message ended with Abigail saying she loved her father and "can't wait" to see him again.
"And we loved him. And we always will. I miss you daddy. I can't wait to see you again. I won't ever, ever, ever forget you. To the moon and back dada…"
Abigail's brothers, Spencer and Ryan, also shared tributes on Instagram.
"How do you say goodbye to your father? I'm not sure, but I love this photo. I love this man that helped bring me into this world and raised me and loved my mother and my two amazing siblings," wrote Spencer. "Death is the one thing we all have in common, but never expect."
"I'm going to miss you so much, dad," Ryan wrote. "I'm gonna miss calling you to argue about politics, I'm gonna miss you harassing me to read whatever motivational or dad joke email you sent me, I'm gonna miss watching our miserable Jets together, and I'm gonna miss all the things yet to come that I won't be able to miss."
Michael's death comes just weeks after it was revealed he tested positive for COVID-19. Abigail shared an Instagram post asking for prayers after he was placed on a ventilator.
"I'm asking for prayers and positivity sent this way for me daddy, Michael who tested positive for COVID-19 and this morning had to be placed on a ventilator," she wrote on February 10.
Two days later, she revealed that he was unconscious while receiving treatment.
"I'm so used to talking to dad multiple times a day. I still call and talk to him thanks to INCREDIBLE nurses who work so hard and make sure he can hear me, even tho he's not conscious. Can't wait to hear his voice again," she wrote.
—SOPHOMORE(abigail breslin) (@yoabbaabba) February 13, 2021
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock double after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket